Baked Spaghetti Squash
Baked Spaghetti Squash is just fantastic; pop it in the oven for 30 minutes and you’ve got yourself a great healthy pasta alternative! Fab topped with your favourite pasta sauce, or sprinkled with parmesan and served alongside a main of choice.
Some recipes suggest adding a bit of water to the dish while roasting, which steams the squash and therefore reduces the cooking time. Personally, we prefer brushing the squash with a bit of oil before roasting, and just waiting that little bit longer. It gives better caramelisation and the ‘pasta’ strands hold their shape better.
* The cook times can vary based on the size of your squash. You can tell if your squash is done if you can pierce through the skin with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and stringy bits and discard (or save the seeds for roasting!)
- Drizzle the cut side with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cut side down on a roasting tray lined with baking paper and bake for 30 minutes or just until tender.
- Let the squash cool for 5 minutes. Flip spaghetti squash over and gently run a fork down the squash to separate into strands.
- Top with your favourite pasta sauce and ENJOY!