Fennel & Celery salad
You don’t need a lot of ingredients for a beautiful salad. You don’t even need lettuce! This simple salad is a refreshingly crisp and crunchy addition to any meal.
- 1large or 2 small fennel bulbs
- 6 celery stalks
- 3-4 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Very finely slice the fennel bulbs lengthways (a mandolin makes this easier).
- Cut the celery stalks into thin matchsticks.
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and lemon juice, then season. Mix well, to make sure the dressing permeates the veggies.
- Scatter the top with chopped up fennel fronds and celery leaves for garnish!