Celery & Potato Soup
A simple yet comforting dish, perfect for those colder evenings! The beauty of this soup is you can make it as healthy as you like. We used milk in this recipe, but you could swap it out for cream if you're feeling decadent, or blend some soaked cashews through to make it vegan.
(top tip: if you're adding milk, remove the soup from the heat and add it at the end. Adding it too early can cause curdling)
- 300g celery, sliced, with tough strings removed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 200g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500ml good stock
- 100ml milk
- epic crusty bread for serving
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, tip in the celery, garlic and potatoes and coat in the oil.
- Add a splash of water and a big pinch of salt and cook, stirring regularly for 15 mins. Add a little more water if the veg begins to stick.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 20 mins further.
- When the potatoes are falling apart and the celery is soft use a stick blender to purée.
- Pour in the milk and wizz again.
- Season to taste. Serve with some epic crusty bread.
P.S. If you're planning on freezing some of this soup, freeze without the dairy in it. When time comes to defrosting and enjoying it again, add the milk/cream then