Brussels Sprout Salad
- 500 g Brussels sprouts (shredded)
- 1 cup Red Cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 8 slices Bacon (cooked and sliced)
- 150 g toasted walnuts (can substitute for toasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds)
- 100 g feta cheese (soft and crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard (can use Dijon too)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly crushed black pepper finely ground
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil, or any oil in your pantry
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together honey, balsamic, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the oil slowly and whisk thoroughly to combine. Continue whisking until the dressing is fully emulsified (thicker)
- Assemble the salad in a large bowl, combining brussels sprouts, red cabbage, bacon and walnuts and toss together.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss before sprinkling with crumbled feta cheese.