Rosemary & Grapefruit Mocktail
- 250 ml water
- 200 grams sugar
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 500 ml Grapefruit juice
- 1000 ml sparkling water
- Start by squeezing your grapefruit. Once this is squeezed you can start prepping your rosemary syrup.
- Bring 1 cup of water with 1 cup of sugar to the boil, while stirring. When the sugar is dissolved you can turn off the heat. Put 3 sprigs of rosemary into the pan and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Now to sieve the syrup. Take a clean bottle or bowl and hang a sieve in the opening. Pour the sugar syrup into the sieve, so the rosemary stays behind. You can use a coarse sieve for this. Let the syrup cool down further in the refrigerator.
- Pour 2 cups grapefruit juice and 4 tablespoons of rosemary sugar syrup into a glass. Add 4 cups of sparkling water.
- Garnish your mocktail with slices of grapefruit, sprigs of rosemary, and ice cubes. Serve immediately.
To make it look even more beautiful, make a sugar rim! First, dip the glasses in water and then in some sugar. Let that air dry for 15 minutes.
The syrup can be kept for up to a month in the fridge when well stored. As with everything in cooking, double-check every element first in case anything seems to be too bitter to serve.