Napa Cabbage Egg Drop Soup
This Cabbage Egg Drop Soup recipe is super-easy( Ready in just 20 minutes, it's the best mix of healthy ingredients and comforting flavours to make your dinner or lunch sing!
- Veggie or chicken stock
- Napa cabbage
- Fresh ginger (or ground ginger if you don't have fresh)
- White pepper (if you don’t have white pepper you can use black
- Eggs , whisked until smooth
- Sesame oil
- Greens for garnish (spring onion, coriander...)
To make this Chinese cabbage egg drop soup recipe, simply…
- Sauté onion and garlic with a bit of oil.
- Add in the broth, chopped cabbage, ground ginger, white pepper and continue cooking until the soup reaches a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for about 8 minutes or until the cabbage has softened.
- Now the fun part! While the soup is still simmering, use one hand to continuously stir the soup round and round, creating a “whirlpool”
- Use your spare hand to slowly drizzle in the whisked eggs. The eggs will cook instantly in the hot broth, creating pretty egg ribbons.
- Stir in the sesame oil until completely combined, then taste and season as needed.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with greens!