The Perfect Roast Potato
P.S. Starting your potatoes in cold water helps ensure that the exteriors don't turn to mush before the insides have a chance to cook through (the heat can take a while to get through to the core)
- Potatoes from your box
- Olive oil
- S & P
- Bit of butter (optional)
- Herbs, like rosemary or thyme - fresh or dried (optional)
THE DAY BEFORE
- Preheat the oven @190 C
- Thoroughly wash & scrub your potatoes, no need to peel
- Cut the potatoes in even sizes. Place in a large pot, cover with cold salted water and gently boil for 7 mins. Drain in colander and leave to steam dry. Give the colander a big shake, getting rid of all the excess water!
**All this can be done days before. Just store your potatoes covered in the fridge and have them ready to roast.**
ON THE DAY
- Place your potatoes in a large baking tray, in a single layer. Drizzle with about 2 tbsp of oil and season with LOTS of S & P.
- Roast for about an hour until golden brown and crispy. Very important -> flip/ turn your tatties about 20 mins in, and then at 40 mins. Make sure every potato surface gets brown and crispy!
- On the last 10 mins add chopped fresh or dried herbs, and a few small chunks of butter (3 tsp around the tray). Shake and pop back in for 10 mins.
- Remove from oven, top with flaky salt and chopped fresh parsley from your box.