Charred Sweetcorn, Tomato & Lettuce in a Balsamic vinaigrette
The Day Before
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard (can use Dijon too)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil, or any oil in your pantry
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients. Continue whisking until the dressing is fully emulsified (thickened)
- Store in a jar with a lid and refrigerate. Shake well before serving.
On the Day
- Corn on the cob, husked
- Lettuce, washed & teared
- 3-4 Vine tomatoes, sliced
- Add your shucked corn to a hot grill pan/BBQ and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
- Let the corn cool then cut the kernels off the cob with a knife (CAREFULLY!)
- Placing the teared lettuce on a large serving plate.
- Arrange the tomato slices on top of the lettuce. Add the charred corn on top
- This salad can prepared in advance too (in the morning) Just make sure you add the vinaigrette when you are about to serve, so the lettuce doesn't get soggy!