Skip to content
Spiced Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 large head cauliflower, sliced lengthwise through the core into 'steaks'
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pinch cumin seeds (can be replaced with ground cumin)
- 1 pinch red chilli flakes, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch ground turmeric (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200.
- Line a roasting sheet with baking paper, and place the steaks on it.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, red chilli flakes, turmeric, cumin seeds, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Pour half of the oil mixture evenly over the steaks and spread with your hands making sure they are all coated. Turn them over and make sure the other side is covered too!
- Roast for about 15 mins, then gently turn them over, continue roasting until tender and golden (Around 15 to 20 minutes more)
- Top up with fresh herbs and serve with a side salad.