Coriander & Lime slaw
A simple combination of fresh ingredients (cabbage, carrots, and coriander) finished with a dressing that takes less than 60 seconds to make.
Use it as a fresh filling for barbecue chicken sandwiches, on tacos or as a simple side salad.
- 3 cups shredded purple or green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 handful of toasted almonds or peanuts, optional.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 TB honey
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/8 tsp salt or more to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw ingredients: shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, and chopped coriander.
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the dressing ingredients: olive oil, lime juice, honey, red pepper flakes, and salt. Pour as much dressing over the coleslaw as desired. The dressing is also delicious over a salad if you have have leftovers.
- Toss the coleslaw and dressing together. Sprinkle over the chopped nuts and serve with your favourite dish!
The coleslaw can be prepped in advance and stored in the fridge! Just don't put any dressing on it until you're ready to serve. Once you have added the dressing it's best to eat it straight away.