Pineapple & Capsicum Salsa
The pineapple in your box this week is from Terrasol, the World's first carbon neutral pineapple! Learn more here
This pineapple salsa recipe has a delicious combination of sweet and spicy. It can be served with grilled chicken or fish or as an salsa with tortilla chips. Or how about you try make our carrot tortillas and voila! You have a homemade tortilla you can fill with pineapple salsa - YUM!
- 1/2 pineapple, diced into chunks
- 2 capsicums, diced (any colour of capsicum works!)
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- Big handful of chopped coriander
- 4 tablespoon lime juice, (about 2 limes or use bottled lime juice)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the pineapple, capsicum, onion, coriander, and chilli. Add the lime juice, salt & pepper and stir to combine.
- Give it a wee taste and see what you think. It may pay to add a bit more lime juice to add some zing and some salt if it doesn't taste AMAZING yet! The lime and salt will help bring some depth of flavour.
- For best flavour, let the salsa rest for 10 minutes (or longer) before serving. It’s best served fresh but keeps well in the fridge for up to 4 days.