Yummy Carrot Tortillas
This recipe is PERFECT for those old carrots that you find at the bottom of your fridge. Don't throw them away! Since carrots are 90% water, the ones left behind in your fridge will be slightly dehydrated: perfect for this recipe! Extra moisture in the tortilla mix can cause them to fall apart when you cook them.
- 3 carrots, shredded (2½ cups)
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp each paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded carrots, shredded cheese, eggs, seasonings and make sure it's all mixed together well. If any excess liquids appears, dab it away with a paper towel.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil on a medium heat. Once hot, add 1/2 cup of the mixture and pat down gently to spread it out. Use the back of the spatula to do this and to form a round shape of your flat tortilla (doesn't have to be perfect). TRY NOT TO MAKE THEM TOO THIN OR THEY WILL FALL APART.
- Cook on one side for 3-4 minutes, then flip CAREFULLY and cook another 3 minutes. Lower your heat if they are getting starting to get too brown.
- Go wild with your filling ideas!
- rocket or spinach
- cherry tomatoes, sliced
- sliced turkey or ham
- spicy mayo