Miso Braised Pak Choy & Broccoli
A super simple dish, we know you'll love it! You can also pop in any other veggies that you fancy. Broccoli & leeks are a winner with this, but anything would work!
- 1 big or 2 medium pak choy
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- Chilli flakes, depending on how spicy you're feeling!
- 1 tbsp ginger root, grated
- 2-3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tsp brown sugar or honey
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 1tsp nigella seeds (optional but gooood)
- 120g noodles (any type you fancy!)
- Wash & cut the pak choy in quarters. Take the leaves off and pop aside (they will be added to the pan at the end!).
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, add oil and place pak choy cut side down. Cook until char grilled / golden brown.
- In a mixing bowl mix up miso paste, chilli flakes, sugar, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, lemon juice and 300ml of boiling water.
- Add the miso mix to the pan, reduce the heat, cover with a lid and let the pak choy cook for about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Remove pak choy from the pan and add the noodles plus another 300ml of boiling water. (Or follow the noodles cooking instructions)
- Cook so the noodles absourb the miso goodness!
- When noodles are done, add the cooked pak choy & chopped leaves. Mix..
- Sprinkle with seasame & nigella seeds and serve!
Used leeks and edamame beans plus chicken. Yum!