Love Food Hate Waste: Mashed Potato Roulade
The beauty about this dish is that you can add any seasoning from your pantry, either fresh or dried herbs and spices. You can also choose your filling, anything you have spare in your fridge! No need to buy extras, the options are endless!
- 2 cups of leftover mashed potato
- 3 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup of any flour (plain, gluten free, chickpea, etc) more less
- 1 tsp smoked paprika, or your favourite spice
- Any dried or fresh herb you might own, I added 2 tsp of fresh oregano
- This is a super easy recipe, just mix all ingredients in a bowl! The most important thing is that you achieve the right consistency, not too runny and not too thick, you want it to look like a thick cake batter (it should be easy to spread)
- Line an oven proof tray with baking paper, and spread the mixture until half a centimeter thick, line with baking paper then top with another baking tray.
- Bake for 15 - 20 mins at 190 C degrees.
- Once it is ready, let it cool down.
- Now's your time to shine! Fill it with anything from your fridge that will make an epic meal! We used cream cheese, lettuce, tomato, avocado, red onion and had it for lunch.
- What about filled with bacon and eggs for brekky?!
- Filled with roast veggies and chicken for dinner?
- Comment below with any other ideas you have!