Jerusalem Artichoke & Leek Soup
- 1 leek - chopped and washed thoroughly
- 600g Jerusalem artichokes - roughly peeled and chopped
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and black pepper
- Dash of cream or sour cream for serving (optional)
1. Heat the oil in large pan. Add the leeks, onion & garlic and fry on a very low heat for 10 minutes until softened, stirring now and then to stop them catching.
2. Add the artichokes, stock, bay leaf, rosemary & nutmeg and season with salt & pepper. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 25–30 mins, until the artichokes are very soft.
3. Remove the bay leaf and rosemary then blitz the soup in a food processor or blender, adding a little more stock or water to thin to your preferred consistency. For an even smoother, creamier texture, pass the soup through a sieve.
4. Swirl a little double cream or sour cream into each bowl of soup just before serving, and garnish with chopped herb of your choice. Enjoy!
** Or garnish with toasted, chopped hazelnuts and finish with a drizzle of truffle oil.