Easy Broccoli Pizza Base
This broccoli crust pizza is low carb, gluten-free and a tasty alternative when you are craving a yummy pizza! This vegetable pizza crust is low in calories and easy to make. Cover it with all of your usual favourite toppings!
If you don't have a food processor then never fear! You can use a grater too for the same effect. Some recipes call for putting this in the oven on a baking tray, but our way is a bit faster and saves turning on the oven (which we all know costs a BOMB at the moment!)
For the Base (this recipe makes 2 bases)
- 1 Broccoli, chopped into big chunks
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- Garlic Salt
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
- ½ cup of grated cheese
- tomato sauce
- Dried or fresh herb (oregano or basil)
- Any topping you fancy! (salami, mozzarella, capsicums)
- Pop your raw broccoli in the food processor. Pulse until resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your broccoli, eggs, cheese, salt & pepper and mix well.
- Put your non-stick frying pan on a low/medium heat and add a tiny bit of oil (to stop your pizza base from sticking!) Spread half your pizza 'dough' into the pan, making sure you have an even thickness all around. The base should be around ½cm thick.
- Place a lid onto your pan and cook for 3 mins (make sure it doesn't burn!) Once your base is looking a little browned, flip your pizza onto the other side (we flipped it onto a plate first, and then back into the pan again to help prevent any breakage!)
- Cover your pizza with heaps of epic toppings (more cheese is a must) and put the lid on again. You may need to adjust the heat to make sure it is cooking the whole way though.
- When your cheese is melted, your pizza is ready!
- Chop into slices and get stuck in.