Crispy Kale Chips (oven baked)
- 350g curly kale
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch flaky sea salt (or any salt)
- Optional seasonings
- Sesame seeds
- Chilli flakes
- Curry powder
- Or your favourite spice
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C and line your oven tray with baking paper
- Remove the leaves from the stalks. We don't want to use them for this recipe. (unless you have baby chard, then use the whole leaf!)
- Fill up your sink with cold water and soak them for a wee while. As our kale is spray-free you may need to soak for a while to remove the little bugs! Drain and pat dry.
- Roughly tear large leaves into smaller pieces. In a bowl toss the kale with the olive oil, and your choice of seasoning. They need to be all coated to crisp up, but do not over-oil or they will go soggy.
- Place on your baking tray and sprinkle with a little pinch of flaky salt, and your choice of seasoning.
- Put in the oven and bake for about 10 mins, and check. If they are crispy, they are ready. If not, leave them for another minute at a time, always checking every minute as they go from not cooked to burnt very quickly!
- Serve immediately and enjoy a healthy snack
so good thank