Beetroot and Bean Burger
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 to 2 medium size raw beetroots, peeled and grated
- 2 small carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 400g tin kidney beans, drained & mashed
- 2 large egg, whisked
- 2 tbsp of any herbs or spices of your choice (we used chipotle, cumin, and ground coriander!)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. This mixture will be quite wet.
- Divide the mixture into more less six balls and shape into burgers (depending what size you want your burger patties)
- Cook the on a pan, with a bit of oil, on medium heat, until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve in a bun, with your favourite burger toppings.
I tried these tonight and they were delicious! I used your flavourings of ground chipotle, cumin and coriander and subbed black beans for kidney beans. My husband, dug in when he got home and came specially to find me and tell me how good they were! Thanks!! Extra yum with tomato relish on top too. So nice having these recipes when wanting to try something new, thanks!