Cauliflower soup is one of those dishes that is more delicious than you would expect. In soup the cauliflower has a creamy, moreish flavour. It makes an incredible soup so give it a try!! Thank you to our friend Sam @twoperfectpeas for this epic recipe!
- 1 cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 teaspoon curry powder
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter (or dairy free/vegan spread)
- Olive oil
- Herbs for garnish (optional)
- Chilli oil for garnish (optional)
- Place cauliflower florets on a baking tray and bake at 180 degrees celscius for 20-30 minutes until slightly golden
- While cauliflower is roasting, combine breadcrumbs, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and curry powder in a small bowl with a tablespoon of olive oil and a little salt. Combine with a spoon.
- In a pan over a low/medium heat, add crumb and seed mix and toast until golden. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Add diced onion to a stock pot with a little oil and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Add roasted cauliflower, 1/2 teaspoon salt, your chosen stock and butter and combine.
- Simmer over a medium heat for 15-20 minutes. This lets the flavours come together.
- Add soup to blender and blend until smooth. Season with more salt and pepper if needed to taste.
- Serve in a bowl and top with your crumbed mix, herbs and if you like spice, a little chilli oil (or whatever form of chilli you like)