Carrot & Swede Mash
Carrot and Swede Mash is an incredibly yummy vegetable dish. It is very satisfying and a great option if you are avoiding heavy carbs. This mash was a staple in Jen's home in Scotland, where swede is known as 'neeps'! A classic Winter favourite.
- 1 large swede - 800g (peeled & chopped roughly)
- 3 carrots - around 500g (peeled & chopped roughly)
- 50 g butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook the carrots and swede together in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 25–30 minutes, or until tender. Drain and return to the pan again.
- Add the butter, salt and pepper and mash until relatively smooth (but not as well mashed as you would potatoes)
- Serve straightaway and enjoy!
You can add a sprinkling of freshly grated nutmeg which adds a lovely flavour. Or add some creme fresh at the same time as the butter, to add another creamy kick.