Cabbage Pancake (Okonomiyaki)
- Half a cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 whole spring onions, chopped
- Handful of coriander, chopped
For the batter
- 200g of any available flour
- 100ml water (might need a bit more to make pancake batter consistency)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika/cumin/ground coriander (endless options)
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Mix all batter ingredients in a bowl, to make cake like consistency batter.
- Add all your chopped veggies to the batter and mix well
- Fry each pancake on medium heat with a bit of oil, on both sides.
- Top up with your favourite condiments; mayo & BBQ sauce, coriander and crispy chilies. Yumm!
A simple and easy recipe to follow for those hungry teenager… there used a toasted sandwich machine to cook which was safer…. And more crispy
Thank u for the recipe 👍
Made these for dinner tonight, used the red onion we got in our box instead of spring onion. Doubled the turmeric to be 1 teaspoon. Added 2 teaspoons of curry.
Whole family enjoyed them- will definitely make again!