Epic Butternut Okonomiyaki
- 1 butternut, peeled, halved lengthways
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Some epic BBQ sauce
- 1 bottle Kewpie mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 packet seaweed squares
1. Preheat oven to 220C and line a baking sheet.
2. Scoop the seed from the pumpkin and place face down on chopping board.
3. Place 2 chopsticks down either side of the pumpkin, using a small rubber band around the tip & bottom to secure them in place.
4. Now cut across the butternut, 5mm apart, using the chopsticks to stop you cutting all the way through. The pumpkin should be still connected at the bottom when you've finished!
5. Place both halves on the baking tray, brush evenly (or drizzle 'n' use your fingers!) with the olive oil. Make sure it gets everywhere.
6. Season well with S&P and roast for 30-35mins. The pumpkin should be soft and caramelized.
7. Remove from oven and cover those puppies with lashings of bbq sauce. Return to oven for 5 mins.
8. To serve, cover the top in Kewpie mayo, sesame seeds, spring onions, and chipped seaweed squares.