Sticky Cauliflower Wings
For the batter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (250g)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cup milk or milk alternative
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
For the sticky sauce
- 2 tbsp oil of choice (sunflower, sesame)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger root, minced or grated
- ¼ cup water
For the dipping sauce
- 200g sour cream
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- S & P
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar, or any of your choice.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C fan bake.
- Line an oven proof tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, paprika, garlic powder and milk, and stir until well-combined. Add more milk if needed. (like a thin pancake batter)
- Break the head of cauliflower into florets, about 4 cm wide. Add the florets to the batter, making sure each piece is evenly coated.
- Mix your panko breadcrumbs with S & P and coat every cauliflower floret.
- Place on the baking tray and bake for about 15 min turning them half way, bake for another 15 mins until golden brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, In a pan over medium-high heat, mix all the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil, then a simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken up. If too thick, just add some water. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- When wings are ready and crispy, toss them in the sauce.
- Serve with the sour crem & spring onion dipping sauce, BON APPETIT!!
Loved it! Thanks for the cooking inspiration.