Skip to content
Whole Roasted Romanesco, Purple Cauliflower or Broccoli with simple Salsa Verde
- A bunch of parsley from your box (just the leaves, washed)
- All the kale from your box (washed and stem removed)
- White part of 4 spring onions (use the green in another recipe)
- Zest & juice of half a lemon
- Olive oil
- A splash of water
- S & P
Place in a food processor: the kale (without the stem), parsley (just the leaves), spring onions, lemon juice and zest, S & P
Start blending, adding olive oil slowly, until you achieve the right consistency for you, I prefer it a bit runnier than pesto so I also added at the end 1/4 cup of hot water.
- Taste! Add some more S & P if needed. Place in a bowl and set aside.
THE MAIN DISH (Cauli or broccoli)
- Preheat your oven to 200C bake.
- Trim the outer cauliflower (or broccoli!) leaves (you can roast them too as a snack!) Trim away the base of the stalk a little so it can sit flat on the baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil (make sure is well coated) and plenty of S&P
- Cover the head with foil and bake for about 45 mins to an hour, depending on the size of the cauliflower/broccoli. (Smaller heads can only take up to around d30 mins)
- After 45 mins you should check the middle with a skewer. It should be easy to insert. If not, cook for a bit longer.
- When it feels ready, take the foil off and bake for another 10 mins so it gains a bit of colour/crispiness.
- Remove from oven, place on your platting dish, drizzle with salsa verde and fresh herbs. You can also top with toasted nuts (almonds, pinenuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds)
- Bon Apetit!