Smashed Carrot Chips
This Recipe is a simple and fun one to make, perfect whenever you have an overload of carrot and are not sure what to do with them. The beauty of this recipe is that you can add any extra flavor that you fancy.
Serve them with your favorite dip and we reckon your entire family will enjoy these easy healthy chips!
- 3 medium to large carrots, scrubbed.
- Your favorite seasoning. We used garlic salt and curry powder (other ideas are smoked paprika, chives, onion powder, cumin seeds, ground coriander, options are endless)
- Roughly chop your carrots and place them in a deep saucepan with boiling water.
- Cook for about 15-20 min until cooked through and soft.
- Let cool down for a few minutes, then mash them! I used a hand blender but a potato masher would also do the trick. Make sure there is no big chunks left and all the carrots are mashed.
- Add your seasoning.
- Roll into small balls (the size is up to you, but recommend not too big so it easier to smash them) Place on a baking tray lined with paper.
- Use a small square of baking paper, place over the ball, and use a glass to press down. Don't make them too thin, as they will easily burn, but thin enough that can get crispy in the oven.
- Place in a preheated oven at 140 Celsius on fan bake for about 12 minutes, always checking on them so they don't burnt.
- Let them cool down a bit, and enjoy!!
So you deliver toAuckland
Adrienne Bailey on