Skip to content
Golden Beetroot, Carrot & Chickpea Salad
- 3-4 golden beets, peeled and cut in half
- 4-5 baby carrots, cut into 2″ lengths
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for roasting)
- 1/4 tsp salt (for roasting)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 bunch Italian parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 5 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Black pepper (to taste)
- (you can add avo, to bring this salad to the next level!)
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Toss sliced carrots, beets, and onion with 2 tbsp olive oil and salt to taste.
- Spread in a single layer in baking dish and roast until tender and beginning to brown ~40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing mix apple vinegar, mustard, garlic, and 1/4 cup olive oil in a small bowl. Whisk until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine roasted carrots, beets, onions, chickpeas, and parsley. Pour vinaigrette over salad mixture and toss to combine. You can use as much or as little of the dressing as you like.
- Add black pepper to taste. Serve the salad warm.