Plum Chicken with Coriander
Our interpretation of the traditional apricot chicken, but with a summery, Asian-style twist.
- A whole free-range chicken or 6 thighs (you could use tempeh as a vegan alternative!)
- 2 red onions (peeled and quartered)
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup plum sauce
- 4 tbsp soya sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Salt & Pepper
- A glug of olive oil
- 8 plums
- 50 g flaked almonds, toasted (or any nut of your choice!)
- A big bunch of coriander
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Mix the hoisin, plum and soya sauces and honey, then set aside.
- Rub the chicken with sea salt and olive oil, place on a baking tray and roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180°C and brush the baste mix onto the chicken every 10 minutes for the next 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Add the plums and red onions to the baking tray for the last 20 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve the chicken sprinkled with the almonds and fresh coriander.
- Voila and YUM!