Spiced Honey Carrots with Whipped Feta
- As many carrots as you want! We'll let you be the judge (scrubbed; no need to peel)
- 1 tin of chickpeas, rinsed and dried
- 1 1/2 cup of thick Greek yoghurt
- 200g of feta, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika for your carrots
- 1 big Tbsp of honey, runny
- 2tsp chilli paste (we recommend harissa paste, but we also used asian style flakes chili in oil)
For the salsa verde:
- Fresh italian parsley or coriander
- Juice of half a lemon (you can also use the zest to top up your dish)
- Olive oil
- S & P
- Preheat your oven @190 C on fan bake
- On a baking tray place your carrots and coat with olive oil, spices, S&P. Shake until well coated and roast for 25 mins.
- In the meantime, mix up the greek yoghurt and feta. Place on your plating dish as a thick layer and set aside.
- Once the carrots are almost done take them out of the oven, add your chickpeas to the tray, ass a splash of olive oil, S&P and shake! Return the tray to the oven for another 10-15 min
- For the salsa verde: chop your herbs and add olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Give it a good mix and put aside.
- When your carrots are ready, take out of the oven and add honey & chilli paste. Shake, shake, shake until everything is sticky!
- Place your carrots and chickpeas on the yoghurt/feta bed, top up with a splash of lemon juice (and zest if you would like), a splash of olive oil and your salsa verde. Taste and see if the dish needs a bit more salt & pepper.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Wow, this is absolutely incredible. Best tasting carrots I’ve ever had. I could eat a stack by itself, easy 😂