Skip to content
Jerusalem Artichoke and Potato Mash
- 500g Jerusalem artichokes, unpeeled, scrubbed, cut into 2 - 3cm pieces
- 500g potatoes; peeled, cut into 4cm pieces
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 TBSP butter
- Put jerusalem artichokes and potatoes in large pot. Pour enough cold water over to cover; add 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and boil gently until all vegetables are tender when pierced with knife (around 16 minutes)
- Drain, while keeping some of the cooking liquid aside.
- Return vegetables to pot and mash, add some of the cooking little by little until a chunky mash texture forms.
- Stir in butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Add more butter if you fancy - you can never have too much!) Serve & enjoy!