Chipotle Cauliflower Taco
Are you bored of making the same cauliflower dishes again and again? This recipe is part 1 of our 3 part cauliflower series. We reckon it's time to make meat-free Monday a daily thing, and with these recipes the skies the limit.
The chipotle spiced cauli pairs perfectly with a fresh salsa. The beauty of this dish is that it can be thrown together super quickly, all while the cauliflower is roasting in the oven.
- ½ cauliflower
- 3 tsp of chipotle paste (add more if you like it spiiiiiicy)
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- ½ onion (red or brown) finely diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- A handful of coriander, chopped
- Your favourite tortillas, corn or flour
- Preheat your oven to 170 °C. Cut your cauliflower into florets, place in a bowl and add your chipotle paste, salt, pepper and a splash of oil. Mix well so every floret is coated.
- Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper and bake for about 15 to 20 mins. The cauli should be completely cooked and a bit chargrilled (but not mushy!)
- Create your salsa by placing all chopped ingredients in a bowl, add lime juice, salt & pepper and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Time to assemble! Go tortilla, mayonnaise, spicy cauliflower and salsa. YUMMMMMM
WAIT! Don't waste your cauliflower leaves! Why not roast them in the oven as a crispy pre-dinner snack?