How do we use your information?
We may use your personal information:
- to process your transactions and administer your account;
- so that we can provide you with our products, services and information, including promotional and marketing materials;
- to ensure your eligibility for our services (including assessing your credit-worthiness);
- to update you on the delivery of products and for customer support purposes;
- to comply with our obligations to you and other third parties involved in the supply of our products to your property;
- to improve or update our services, products and our website/app;
- for internal purposes (such as staff training and billing);
- to confirm any information you have provided to us; and
- to contact you in relation to your enquiries
By providing your email address or mobile phone number, you consent to us sending you information connected with the above collection and use purposes via email or text message. We may also send you newsletters or other information we think you may be interested in and which we may market and promote our products and services, or the products and services of others.
You can opt out of marketing emails at any time, by emailing us at email@example.com to request unsubscription.
Who do we disclose your information to?
The personal information we collect will never be sold, traded or leased to any unrelated third party, except:
- where you have authorised us to do so;
- to third parties we use to help provide our products and services. For example, our delivery agents, marketing companies, credit checking or debt collection agencies (including your bank) website usage analysis agencies for the purposes set out in this Policy;
- for the purposes of any sale, transfer or assignment of any part of our business or our entire business;
- if we are required or permitted by law to disclose such information;
- where it is necessary to assist an adjudicator to resolve a complaint you make about us;
- to meet our legal obligations or where we are entitled to under the Privacy Act or any other law. For example, where disclosure is to a law enforcement agency that is entitled to such information under its statutory powers.
Other things you should know
Our company is hosted on the Shopify platform. Shopify provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Shopify & Stripe and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
We will hold your information for as long as it is required for the purposes outlined above.
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to request to obtain, or have corrected, any personal information we hold about you where that information may be readily accessed and retrieved. If you want to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, please see the Privacy Commissioner's website at https://www.privacy.org.nz/.
If you have any privacy related questions, please contact us at email@example.com