Super simple but amazingly delicious! The halloumi adds a nice kick of saltiness to the dish, but it is also optional! You can add any extra veggies you like to these skewers - just chop them up and add them onto your skewer. This recipe can either be cooked on the BBQ or baked in the oven. Your choice!
What you'll need:
- Your Misfit Summer Squashes
- A packet of halloumi cheese, available from every supermarket & deli
- (Any other veggies that you like really!)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- If you have wooden skewers - fill a sink with water and let them soak for around 10 minutes before you start assembling. This will help to prevent the skewer from burning while cooking.
- Pre-heat your oven to 190 (or turn on your BBQ)
- Wash your squash and cut into 3cm cubes (You can also add any other veggies that you like at this point!)
- Cut your halloumi into similar size pieces.
- Assemble your skewers, alternating with halloumi & veggie pieces. Brush with olive oil, making sure to coat them generously.
- Cook for around 10 mins on the BBQ/15 mins in the oven, or until your squash gets some beautiful caramelisation.
- Remove from the heat and crack some fresh black pepper on top to finish!