- 1 can chickpeas, drained (approx. 1 ½ cup)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander, or add a handful of fresh, chopped.
- 2 tbsp plain flour, you can also any type of gluten free flour (chickpea, rice flour, etc)
- juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Add all ingredients including spices into a food processor or a blender and blend together. Depending on your food processor/blender you may have to pause and mix the ingredients a few times.
- Transfer into a bowl and scoop 1 ½ tbsp of mixture and start forming falafel patties. Note: if the mixture is still runny and patties aren’t forming properly, add more flour 1 tbsp at a time. If the mixture is too flaky then add 1 tbsp of water at a time.
- Place the falafels on a baking sheet and bake for 20 mins.
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 1 month.