Roasted Carrots, Spiced Chickpeas with Tahini Yoghurt Dressing
This can also be made with regular sized carrots too! If you happened to have baby carrots, you can also use the carrot tops to make our parsley & carrot top pesto and garnish your dish with the same seeds/nuts that you make your pesto with. It's best to make your pesto first, as it can store in your fridge until serving!
- Carrots - tops removed
- 1 tin of chickpeas - drained, rinsed
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1 ½ cup Plain Greek yoghurt
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp tahini
- A handful of toasted sunflower seeds, to sprinkle on top when plating, for garnish. (Use the same nuts or seeds as your carrot top pesto)
- Parsley from your box, chopped roughly for garnish.
- Preheat the oven to 200C°
- Make the dressing by adding in a bowl; yoghurt, juice and zest of 1 lemon, pinch of salt, 1 tsp paprika and 1 tbsp of tahini. Whisk until mixed thoroughly. Taste and add more seasoning if needed. Set aside.
- To dry out the chickpeas, place them between two paper towels while you prep the carrots.
- Pop your carrots & chickpeas in a bowl, add a bit of olive oil, 1tsp of paprika, cumin and garlic powder. Toss thoroughly and place on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 minutes, take them out and give them a shake, and roast for another 10 -15 minutes. Carrots should be al dente and chickpeas crispy.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
Arrange your carrots & chickpeas on a beautiful plate. Drizzle the tahini yoghurt dressing (quantity up to your like) and top with toasted sunflower seeds and roughly chopped parsley. Enjoy!