Pickled Daikon and Carrot
- 1 Large daikon, julienne or finely sliced.
- 2 Medium carrots, julienne or finely sliced.
- 1 cup water.
- 1 cup white sugar.
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar).
- Pinch of salt
- Combine the water, sugar & vinegar in a saucepan and boil on medium heat until the sugar dissolves (3 to 4 minutes). Stir occasionally. Remove from the heat and cool it down.
- Place the julienne radishes and carrots into a sterile pickling jar and pour over the brine. Close the lid. Gently move the jar around a little bit to make sure the brine is touching the all radishes and carrots.
- Leave the jar at room temperature for 3 to 4 hours then move to the fridge. Chill the pickles for 30 mins to 1 hour before serving for optimal taste.
You can store pickles in the fridge for aaaages. Just make sure the jar and lid are properly sterilised beforehand