Hasselback Kumara with Garlic Butter
- Kumara of your choice
- Salt & Pepper
- Feta cheese, crumbled to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper (better for the environment than aluminium foil!)
- Place the kumara on the baking tray and in the oven for 10 min to soften slightly. Then transfer to a chopping board.
- Make a series of 1/2cm slices along each potato, slicing 2/3 of the way through (you can lay 2 wooden spoons alongside your kumara to stop you cutting the whole way through!)
- Stir together the butter, oil, fresh herbs & garlic in a small bowl. Rub the kumara all over with the mixture, getting in between the slices.
- Place on the baking sheet and cover with salt & pepper. Roast for around 10-15 mins, and then remove the kumara from the oven and run a fork gently across the top, using light pressure, to fan the slices and separate them from one another. Brush again with garlic butter, be generous! Place back into the oven and cook for another 10-15 mins; or until until the center of the kumara are tender and the outside is crisp.
- Remove from the oven, top with feta cheese and enjoy!
An example of how to cut the kumara
with the wooden spoons. This prevents
you accidentally cutting all the way through