Corn ribs are quartered pieces of corn on the cob that are either baked, deep-fried or air-fried. These have been popping up all over TikTok and online, so we thought it was time we gave them a try! *** PLEASE BE CAREFUL CUTTING YOUR CORN. KEEP ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES OUT THE WAY! ***
- 2 sweetcorn cobs
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika/ chipotle
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Olive oil
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Fresh chopped coriander (optional)
- Peel and discard the husks from the corn, and any fibres underneath. With a sharp knife, cut off the bottom 1cm or so, so that you have a flat base.
- Sit the corn on the flat base, then cut it half, cutting down the length of the corn. It will be quite tough – be careful!
- Lay the two halves down, then cut them into about three ribs, again, cutting lengthways, and keeping some of the middle intact. Each rib should be about three-four kernels wide.
- Make your BBQ spice mix by mixing the cumin, ground coriander, smoked paprika, oregano and the sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thoroughly coat the ribs in oil and the spice mix. Bake at 190 C until curled and crispy, roughly 25 mins.
- While they are in the oven, mix together your mayo and chilli sauce for your dip.
- Enjoy your ribs straight away while they are nice and hot.
If you have an air-fryer availbale to you, then definitely use that! They will curl better in the air fryer than they do in the oven. (They still curl in the oven, but just take a bit longer).
You can also shallow fry them on both sides (in a pan) if you fancy! That will give them that perfect curl!