Carrot Top & Parsley Pesto
- 1 small bunch of baby carrot tops
- 1 large bunch of curly leaved parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup of toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 lemon – zested & squeezed
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Separate your carrots from the tops and wash both thoroughly.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or small blender and blend until mostly smooth.
- This recipe is very well suited with roasted carrots! Why not roast your baby carrots while you whip up some pesto, and add it to your carrots once they're cooked!
This pesto is also super yum served with chicken, on eggs, in a sandwich, or tossed with pasta. Or why not try our roasted carrot on whipped feta recipe?