Skip to content
Broad Bean, Avocado & Herb dip
- Handful of broad beans in shell (or you can use frozen ones)
- 1/4 cup smooth ricotta
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 avocado, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped herb of your choice (parsley, mint or coriander work well)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Remove your broad beans from the outer pod.
- Place in a pan of boiling water and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place in very cold, or iced, water to stop the cooking process.
- Gently squeeze each bean until the inner section pops out from its skin.
- Place broad beans, ricotta, parmesan, avocado, herb, lemon juice and salt in a food processor or blender. Season with pepper. Process until smooth and combined. Serve.