Skip to content
- 1 can chickpeas (430), drained and rinsed
- 1 medium beetroot, cooked
- 1 clove garlic
- zest and juice from 1 medium lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons tahini
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
First cook your beetroot. Cut your alto beetroot in half and boil for about 30 mins or until soft. Leave to cool down and peel.
- Place the beetroots (cut into chunks) chickpeas and garlic into a food processor (you can also use a hand blender) and process for 1 minute until ground.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and process until creamy.
- If it's dry or you want to thin it out and make it more creamy, add more tahini or water, until you like the consistency.
- Adjust seasonings, adding more salt, cumin, olive oil, or lemon juice if needed.
- Refrigerate or use immediately. Better served at room temperature.
- Beetroot hummus will keep in the fridge, covered well, for 4-5 days.