This easy 2-minute recipe can be made with any nuts of your choice. You can use the traditional pine nuts, or you can also use peanuts, cashews, walnuts or hazelnuts. Our favourite is definitely walnuts!
- 1 cup of any nut of your choice
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Put the nuts, parsley, cheese, garlic, and salt in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then pulse again.
While the machine is running, drizzle in the olive oil for just long enough to incorporate the oil, about 20-30 seconds.
- Best used immediately or cover and refrigerate to store. It will last a few days when chilled.
- Use with pasta or as a spread on bread or toast.