You can eat the stems & greens of these veggies. The stem is slightly more peppery than the greens.
These mustard greens can overcook and turn mushy quite easily, so make sure to not cook them for too long!
- 1/2 onion - thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- Olive oil
- Handful of mustard greens, washed and torn into large pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
In a large frying pan, sauté onions in olive oil over medium heat until the onions begin to brown and caramelize, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook a minute more, until fragrant.
- Add the washed mustard greens and cook until they are just barely wilted. (The residue water on the greens from washing will be enough to steam them).
- For serving, toss the greens with sesame oil and season with salt and pepper.