- 1 medium purple sweet potato
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Peel & cook your kumara. You can either boil it or pop it in the microwave (this can be done the night before). You will need 1/2 cup of mashed kumara for this recipe.
2. Blend the first five ingredients in a blender, until smooth.
3. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the sweet potato mixture and stir just until combined. Don't overmix the batter as this can make your pancakes a bit tough!
Add more milk if needed for the consistency of pancake batter.
4. Pour the batter onto a hot griddle greased with nonstick cooking spray. Flip the pancakes when the begin to bubble and are golden brown on both sides.
5. Serve warm topped with sliced bananas, yogurt, and a drizzle of maple syrup