- Some Purple Kumara
- Salt & Pepper
- Sour cream to serve (or serve alongside your favourite dinner!)
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper (better for the environment than aluminium foil!)
- Make a series of 1/2cm slices along each potato, slicing 2/3 of the way through (you can lay 2 wooden spoons alongside your kumara to stop you cutting the whole way through!)
- Stir together the butter, oil, thyme & garlic in a small bowl. Rub the kumara all over with the mixture, getting in between the slices.
- Place on the baking sheet and cover with salt & pepper. Roast for around 25/30 mins, and then remove the kumara from the oven and run a fork gently across the top, using light pressure, to fan the slices and separate them from one another. Place back into the oven and cook for another ~25/30 mins; or until until the center of the kumara are tender and the outside is crisp.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
An example of how to cut the kumara
with the wooden spoons. This prevents
you accidentally cutting all the way through