- 1 large purple sweet potato
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of black pepper
1. Cook the sweet potatoes in the microwave about 10-15 minutes until they are soft. You could also bake them in the oven for an hour, but microwave is much quicker! Mash them in a bowl and set aside to cool.
2. When the sweet potato has cooled completely, add flour. You want to add as little as possible otherwise the gnocchi will be tough and rubbery. Add just enough flour so you can work with the dough without it sticking everywhere. Divide dough into two balls and roll out into long strips. Using a knife, cut them into half inch pieces.
3. Cook gnocchi in boiling water for about 5 minutes, you’ll know they’re cooked when they pop up to the top.
4. Serve with a sauce of your choice, and voila! Gnocchi a la misfit!