Use the 4-5 Japanese eggplant from your box
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup mirin (asian rice wine), you can replace with apple cider vinegar with a little bit of honey.
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1-2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp ginger root, peeled and grated
3 garlic cloves, minced
- For the marinade, whisk all ingredients in a bowl, and make sure the sugar is dissolved.
- Chop the eggplant into small chunks, place in a large bowl and then pour the marinade over the top. Stir and make sure it is all coated, set aside and let marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Get your best pan on the hob on a medium high heat, and when hot, chuck in the marinade eggplant.
- While cooking, keep adding any excess of your marinade.
- Cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally until your eggplant is soft and your sauce has reduced and has a sticky
- Serve straight away with rice, don't be afraid of topping up your dish with sesame seeds, chopped spring onions or even with slices of that chilli you got in your box!