Very easy and simple recipe, perfect for a side dish that goes well with pretty much everything!
- Start by washing your lettuce in the sink filled with cold water. Leave them to soak for a few minutes, then place them in a colander and leave them to drain, until they are pretty dry.
- Place your pan on a medium heat, add a tbs of olive oil, or a tbs of butter (whichever you prefer). While it heats, cut the cos heads in quarters lengthwise, leaving the stem end intact.
- When is hot, add your lettuce, stirring occasionally.
- After 5 minutes, place on a serving dish, add salt and pepper to taste, juice of half a lemon.
- Top up with toasted pinenuts, or any nuts or seeds you fancy! (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, peanuts, etc)