This can also be made with regular sized carrots too! If you happened to have baby carrots, you can also use the carrot tops to make our parsley & carrot top pesto and garnish your dish with the same seeds/nuts that you make your pesto with. It's best to make your pesto first, as it can store in your fridge until serving!
- Carrots - tops removed
- 1 tin of chickpeas - drained, rinsed
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1 ½ cup Plain Greek yoghurt
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp tahini
- A handful of toasted sunflower seeds, to sprinkle on top when plating, for garnish. (Use the same nuts or seeds as your carrot top pesto)
- Parsley from your box, chopped roughly for garnish.
- Preheat the oven to 200C°
- Make the dressing by adding in a bowl; yoghurt, juice and zest of 1 lemon, pinch of salt, 1 tsp paprika and 1 tbsp of tahini. Whisk until mixed thoroughly. Taste and add more seasoning if needed. Set aside.
- To dry out the chickpeas, place them between two paper towels while you prep the carrots.
- Pop your carrots & chickpeas in a bowl, add a bit of olive oil, 1tsp of paprika, cumin and garlic powder. Toss thoroughly and place on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 minutes, take them out and give them a shake, and roast for another 10 -15 minutes. Carrots should be al dente and chickpeas crispy.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
Arrange your carrots & chickpeas on a beautiful plate. Drizzle the tahini yoghurt dressing (quantity up to your like) and top with toasted sunflower seeds and roughly chopped parsley. Enjoy!