1 Misfit Cauliflower
1 Red onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic cloves, finely chopped.
1 teaspoon turmeric, can swap for ground cumin or ground coriander.
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted (can use any toasted nut or seeds)
Handful chopped herbs like parsley or cilantro
- Start by ricing the cauliflower. There are two techniques for making cauliflower rice. You can either use a hand cheese grater, or a food processor with the grater blade to blitz it into small pieces. With both techniques you’re aiming for little pieces the size of rice.
- Press any excess moisture from the rice simply placing the cauliflower rice on a large paper towel or absorbent dish towel and squeeze/press to remove any remaining water.
Now we start the cooking!
- Add the chopped onion to a pan with oil and turn the heat over medium high heat. Sauté, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and continue to sauté until the onion is caramelized and reduced, another 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice.
- Continue to cook until the cauliflower rice is softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, sea salt, and black pepper and continue to cook for another couple minutes.
- Toss in the dried cranberries, toasted almonds and chopped herbs.