A crunchy slaw made with shredded broccoli stems and carrots and a slightly tangy mayo dressing. This recipe calls for a lot of chopping! If you fancy saving some time, you can use a grater instead. It will just make for a finer slaw.
- 2 Broccoli Stems (save the tops for something else) finely chopped into ribbons
- 3 Carrots, peeled shopped into ribbons
- 1 red onion, finely chopped into ribbons
- 1 apple, skin on, chopped into ribbons
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 2 limes (or lemons)
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt & Pepper
- (Celery seeds & parsley are great additions to this recipe if you have them. Don't stress if not though; it'll still be good!)
Toss your broccoli, carrots, onion, apple & raisins into a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk the mayo, mustard, vinegar, lime juice, honey, and spices together until creamy.
Pour the dressing over the shredded broccoli and toss well.
Store, covered, in refrigerator at least 1 hour or overnight before serving to let the flavours mix together in perfect harmony